Saturday 25 November 2017

Mid Century Danish Modern...

This sewing box came to me as part of another purchase. Not knowing anything about sewing boxes, I went and looked it up on eBay, one of my favorite references. I found some like it listed on there and described as "mid century, Danish modern, dovetailed" sewing box, which I though was a real mouthful.
I posted it for sale, and all the comments were about how people had gotten their's for $20.00 or so, which was a lot cheaper than my price. I also got a PM from a lady who wanted to know what brand name it was. Turns out, one of these boxes, with the original label, of the company that made it, in Norway, is worth well over $100. There is a community who collects these sewing boxes....Who knew? 
Still available by the way...$50.00

No comments:

Post a Comment